Please, turn off any ad blocker for this site. We have attempted to keep ads as unobtrusive as possible, so, please, do your part to support us. Information about the ads can be found here.
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on LiveShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on YahooShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Umber Scales Station Assault Event. 8/30/08  (Read 849 times)

Offline Corvalis

• Dark Lord of the Forums
Umber Scales Station Assault Event. 8/30/08
« on: August 19, 2008, 07:34:04 PM »
Umber Scales Assault:

[incoming transmission]

[001010101110000100...]

[attempting to decrypt...]

[decrypting...]

[decrypting...]

[decryption complete. welcome to the bothan spynet]

[query?]

[agent Fm2]

The station of Umber Scales in the Karthakk system has long been known as a hotbed of smuggler activity. The local sector fleet has largely left the station (and system) relatively free from prosecution due to the "usefulness" to the Empire of certain individuals who frequent the hub of criminal activity. However, recent Imperial Intelligence reports indicate a disturbingly high number of high-risk individuals with possible Alliance sympathies. It is believed that the station has become a major hub of contraband distribution, with a majority of the shipments composed of weapons bound for the Rebel Alliance.

In order to more effectively police the flow of contraband throughout the sector, Fleet command has authorized a punitive strike and scouring of Umber Scales. All fleet elements are to rendezvous in the Kashyyyk system for what appears to be imminent deployment.

Our sources also indicate a frantic and hurried bolstering of all station defenses at the smuggler's station, indicating that they have likely been tipped off to an incoming attack. It has been discovered that the station possesses formidable defenses, including highly upgraded particle shielding to withstand ordinance bombardment. In addition, if reports are correct, the Rebel Alliance may use this opportunity to defend what has become an important asset.

As usual, we will be watching.

[end report. next query?]

OOC:

Well, it's time to do an old fashioned base-assault...with a twist.

In this event, the Rebel defense forces will be comprised of no fewer than two, and no more than four, crewed gunboats, and as many fighters/bombers/interceptors as they feel fit to deploy.

The Imperial attacking forces will be comprised of any allowable chassis.

For this event, the gunboats represent the base defense turrets of Umber Scales. Each gunboat will choose a location on the station (must be touching the station itself). Once they are in place (and the event starts) the gunboats may NOT move in the ypr axes (accidental corrections are okay, but try to keep them docked), or via forward motion. (For this event, they are fixed turret emplacements.)

Every ship in this event will be restricted to crafted gear only (reward/Nova/Orion parts and reward chassis are acceptable), with the sole exception of the "static" gunboats. These turret emplacements can load whatever gear they see fit (the Re'd guns of the gunboats in comparison to the crafted guns of all attackers/defenders will hopefully represent turbolasers effectively).

The attacking forces have one hour to complete the destruction of all defense platforms (gunboats), representing the successful subduing of the station. If this occurs before the end of an hour, the forces will "reset," and the attack will proceed again. But the win conditions are the destruction of all gunboats docked at the station for the Imperials (If a destroyed reb gunboat can get back in and dock before all gunboats are destroyed, it represents repaired turbolasers, and therefore a still viable rebel station).

Time: Sat 8/30/08 7PM EDT (6PM CDT, 3PM PDT, Midnight GMT)

Contact Info:

Rebel Fleet: Anishor, Jascen'

Imperial Fleet: Quinllan/Kalien, Wezz

Notes:

The event is a free return event (but you must be factionally aligned to attend. Go overt before entering the battlefield.

If a gunboat platform is destroyed, it may return to the battle (representing repair crews at work), but it must head directly to Umber Scales and park in a location of its choosing and halt all forward momentum. It may not fly around the station or system continuously engaging in attacks. All attacking forces should allow the returning gunboat to assume its position before intentionally launching an attack on that gunboat (it is likely that there will be lulls that allow gunboats to return relatively unmolested. We will try to ensure that there are not directed attacks mounted on returning gunboats...if they ever die. Luckily single ships with crafted guns will have little chance to kill a gunboat by mistake).

It is likely that the "collision field" of the Umber Scales station will absorb most incoming ordinance, though occasionally, some may sneak through. This makes bombing runs by oppressors difficult at best, and also keeps the station defense from having to burn huge amounts of chaff.

(A following event will have Imperials defending the station while rebels attack)

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 07:22:54 PM by Corvalis »

Offline TK-158 (Oceos)

• Forum Wookiee
  • 81st Null Squad, Unit Sniper
Re: Umber Scales Station Assault Event. 8/30/08
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 08:40:19 PM »
sounds fun, though i had to copy and paste it to read it. Ill try to get a group out there

Offline Brindan Call

• SSG Contributor
  • Forum Wampa
  • 370HSSV 0773H
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 09:03:12 PM »
Lovin the Space Events lately, this looks like another good'un. I'll be there gunnin for one a the Rebel Boats as usual.
Captain Brindan Call
Shadows of Freedom <HAZE>

"Oh, in Hell I'll burn in flames... And if looks could kill then Death should be my name."

Offline Lona & Lu

• Retired RP / Events Senator
    • Holowood Galactic Studios
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 01:29:48 AM »
Best wishes with this BHI

Offline Corvalis

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 01:49:58 PM »
i had to copy and paste it to read it.

Yeah, sorry bout that. I edited it so that it is hopefully easier to read now. I always forget that the dark background of the SOE forums makes colored fonts easier. Almost all of the color palette is washed out on these boards.

Offline Frilt Rigger

• Forum Whipid
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 03:35:33 AM »

So since the rebel gun ship crew demand is going to be high should I have Frilt report to the rebel HQ?

Offline Corvalis

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 01:51:25 PM »
So since the rebel gun ship crew demand is going to be high should I have Frilt report to the rebel HQ?

I am sure they could use ya...though they never seem to have a shortage of gunners.

(Unfortunately, most of the imp pilots don't RP and don't groundpound, making it much trickier to find good crew)

Offline Kaliper

• Forum Warrior
  • Boogie with a suitcase.
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 05:25:46 PM »
Very clever idea for the turrets, Corv. I like it.  I'll see if the Novas would be interested in hauling one of our boats out for this.

Offline Corvalis

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 06:29:36 AM »
Very clever idea for the turrets, Corv. I like it.  I'll see if the Novas would be interested in hauling one of our boats out for this.

By all means please do. We could use all the gunners and ships we could get!

Offline Corvalis

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 03:51:31 AM »
Get your ships loaded up for saturday!

Remember: This is a CRAFTED event (unless you are in one of the stationary gunboats). That means EVERY master pilot has access to the same gear.

The playing field is level.

Take advantage of it.

Offline Corvalis

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 01:54:46 PM »
Tomorrow is the day.

Light 'em up!

Offline Big Z

• Aunt Beru
  • Common Sense: Not that common
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 02:14:41 PM »
Take screenies!

Sig and render by the fabulous Lula!

Offline Corvalis

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 04:03:48 PM »
Take screenies!

come take 'em yourself!

Offline Corvalis

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 05:48:32 AM »
Game Day!

Offline Ronin Medjai

• Forum Marauder
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 06:44:04 AM »
Post Screenies! :D
   Zaren is away from acces to SWG otherwise Im sure he would. How'd the event turnout?