Please, turn off any ad blocker for this site. We have attempted to keep ads as unobtrusive as possible, so, please, do your part to support us. Information about the ads can be found here.
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on LiveShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on YahooShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: River Haven: Jewel of the North  (Read 7850 times)

Offline Malcar

• SSG Contributor
  • Forum Lord
River Haven: Jewel of the North
« on: January 21, 2009, 07:09:06 PM »
UPDATED JULY 28, 2009

City Name: River Haven
Planet: Corellia
Waypoint: 3100 2520 (listed on Planetary Map, SSW of Doaba Guerfel)
Theme: Relaxed Corellian commerce city that is officially neutral, but secretly Rebel friendly. Features several vendors and the mall of The Consortium (TCON). Available to host RP events. Slowly transforming itself to add resort and vacation facilities.
Chat Channel: Active (/tell or in-game mail Malcar for details)
In Game Contacts: Malcar (Mayor), Wyrrykk (Deputy Mayor)
Public Structures: City Hall, 3 Cantinas, Medical Center, Cloning Center, Garage, Shuttleport, Theater
Wiki Page: http://www.starsidergalaxy.com/wiki/index.php?title=River_Haven

River Haven is a growing community located approximately 3000m south-southwest of Doaba Guerfel on Corellia. The residents consist of two main groups: The Bel-Havok Family, led by Malcar Bel-Havok, and the members of the TCON player association.  The TCON toons recently moved over to Starsider from Wanderhome and have made major contributions to the city. River Haven has also welcomed transfers from other servers.

River Haven is a Rank 4 city, but we are always looking for toons that don't have a home and would like somewhere convenient to simply place their house and declare residence, and/or looking for a good business location. The city is specced for Research (+15% to experimentation attempts).

To apply, please send an OOC e-mail in-game e-mail to Malcar. Although officially neutral, the city leans heavily to Rebel or Neutral but Rebel-inclined toons. We can and will accept Imperial-faction toons on a case-by-case basis, as long as we can make sense of it in RP. The application should tell us a little bit about your toon (to include race, profession, and level), your toon's in-game history, and any IC or OOC references we can contact. We are looking for Roleplayers to join us and breathe life into the city.

River Haven is slowly becoming a RP city, and we have hosted a handful of RP events. We hope to hold more IC RP events in the future, and the city is always open for random, spontaneous RP (though if you are going to blow up the place, please get approval first).  If you want to take a look around the town, please do so by flying in (nearest starport is Doaba Guerfel). It is in a great location, nestled along a curving bend in a river in a forest (yes, a forest on Corellia!). Other features include:

--No taxes of any kind (city maintenance funds are solicited from residents on an as needed basis).
--An equal say in how we set up and manage the city planning and decorations.
--Space for new structures, including homes and businesses.
--The Plaza at River Haven, featuring the businesses supported by River Haven Enterprises and TCON (including Phridrix of Holowood, Dreamweaver Raiments, Etyy Armor, and the fine restaurant Gourmet la Plaza).
--The TCON Mall, with loads of vendors.
--The Bluff and Bluster Sabacc Parlour (gamblers welcome)
--Ad'ele's Diner (amazing foods at low prices)
--CorSec/BoSS Office
--The River of Dreams Theater
--Conference space in City Hall available for public use
--The Watercolor Sunsets Cafe (performing arts cantina with non-alcoholic drinks)
--The Crystal Inn (traditional cantina)
--The Pink Moon Inn (resort cantina) and an adjoining pool, graciously provided by Ni'ca and Twitchthroe.
--The Mews at River Haven (high-class resort hotel, being decorated, next to the Pink Moon)

Let us know if you are interested in joining us!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 03:30:13 PM by Malcar »

Malcar Bel-Havok (Rebel, former Mayor of River Haven)
Wyrrykk (Wookiee armorsmith & philosopher)

Offline Lona & Lu

• Retired RP / Events Senator
  • Dark Lord of the Forums
    • Holowood Galactic Studios
Re: River Haven: Seeking Citizens
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 09:23:26 AM »
The TCON toons recently moved over to Starsider from Wanderhome and have made major contributions to the city. There is also some crossover, with some of the Bel-Havoks and Gallans starting to join TCON.

Congratulations TCON and River Haven. Very nice people

Offline Rapture

• The Muse
  • Osculare pultem meam!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 04:37:59 PM »
Good luck with this.  Great to see more cities on Corellia.

"Insert pithy saying to make myself awesome here."

Offline Wraith-Azraiel

• Forum Marauder
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 11:58:54 AM »
Riverhaven? as in the northern most city in the Zoluren Province? if not then I'm just another nerd

Offline Malcar

• SSG Contributor
  • Forum Lord
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 03:14:55 AM »
Update:

We now have 30 toons, but are still interested in new folks moving in if they would like to join us. Planetary caps won't let us move up to a Rank 4 city yet...but I'm sure we will after Destructa-thon in March.

Offline Malcar

• SSG Contributor
  • Forum Lord
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 01:18:43 PM »
Update: 31 citizens, and today we became a City! Shuttleport to go in as soon as we can arrange for it. The Plaza at River Haven and the TCON Mall are both facing the city square, and are full of vendors ready to sell things!

Offline Trixie

• Roleplayer Senator
  • Prolific Poster
  • Cookiees need to have another E in them
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 01:21:13 PM »
congrats!

Offline Lona & Lu

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 01:53:43 PM »
Shuttleport to go in as soon as we can arrange for it.

Congrats Mal!

Offline Malcar

• SSG Contributor
  • Forum Lord
Re: River Haven: Jewel of the North
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 04:00:38 PM »
We are still seeking additional citizens to join us! :D

Offline Drekkin

• Wiki Coordinator
  • Forum Graul
    • DarthVenkman
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 06:18:47 AM »
I've only just noticed this thanks to the link from the official forums advertising Durni Day :)

On behalf of TCON, I'd like to thank the Bel-Havok family for their hospitality in letting TCON move to River Haven after an earthquake devastated our previous operations in Tyronet.

The city is growing and changing every week - I can't wait for it be be showcased regularly.

One of my characters, Arkhamm Dorbeau, hopes to be setting up 'The Bluff & Bluster' Sabacc (TCG) Parlour as soon as possible for a few games with people - perhaps in an RP vein.

In the meantime, come visit us if you get a chance.

-Drekkin Hart- (Engineer/Rebel/Old Fish)
Draash Krissk (Jedi/River Haven militia)
'Riz' Groaner (Structures & Bioengineering)
Arkhamm Dorbeau (Smuggler/Gambler/Pilot)

Offline Lona & Lu

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 02:36:03 PM »
One of my characters, Arkhamm Dorbeau, hopes to be setting up 'The Bluff & Bluster' Sabacc (TCG) Parlour as soon as possible for a few games with people - perhaps in an RP vein.

Very cool!

Offline Malcar

• SSG Contributor
  • Forum Lord
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 03:33:32 PM »

Really looking forward to this! Then you can school me on how to play this TCG. Heh.

Offline Drekkin

• Wiki Coordinator
  • Forum Graul
    • DarthVenkman
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 01:20:58 AM »
With your permission, Mal, I'll be making a River Haven page on the Starsider wiki very soon.  If you've got any pics you'd like included (perhaps a shot of yourself as mayor?) then please send them to me.  Otherwise I'll grab a few screenies and get to work on transferring the information you've put in your original post above :)

Offline Malcar

• SSG Contributor
  • Forum Lord
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 04:11:24 AM »
Go for it. I'll possibly jump in and add to the content. I suck at setting them up to begin with. As for screenies, I'll work on it. Perhaps we can include some from the upcoming Remembrance Day event.

Offline Drekkin

• Wiki Coordinator
  • Forum Graul
    • DarthVenkman
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 05:35:24 AM »
Go for it. I'll possibly jump in and add to the content. I suck at setting them up to begin with. As for screenies, I'll work on it. Perhaps we can include some from the upcoming Remembrance Day event.

Great.  I was planning to send you some rough drafts of whatever I might put up, but if I just start the page and let you edit it as we go that'd be quicker.

I was thinking the Remembrance Day event would be a good photo opportunity as well - try and get a group shot of some River Haven locals