Please, turn off any ad blocker for this site. We have attempted to keep ads as unobtrusive as possible, so, please, do your part to support us. Information about the ads can be found here.
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on LiveShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on YahooShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Black Sands, Tatooine - DESTROYED  (Read 27921 times)

Offline Remahr

• Forum Gorax
    • Black Sands
Black Sands, Tatooine - DESTROYED
« on: February 29, 2008, 02:56:04 PM »
Planet: Tatooine
City: Black Sands
Coordinates: -6500 1300
Administrator: Idith Remahr
Head of Security: (Eulo) Remahr

Port Class: Limited Service
Port Authority: Remahr Company
Export: Salvaged Small Arms 2.2, Battle Droids (Contraband) 5.2
Import: Low Tech 1.8, High Tech 3.8, Medical Supplies 4, Contraband 4, Military Grade Hardware (Contraband) 5.5, Construction Materials 2 - 4 (low and high tech)

Capsule:
Black Sands is a small settlement on Tatooine run by Remahr Company. During the clone wars it served as a hidden seperatist base and rumours say there is still a functional droid factory somewhere underground there. When the war ended the place was still largely unknown. Supposeably the staff at the base abandoned it little by little as they had lost the war, and the place simply decayed over time after that.
Some rumors, based largely on rebel propaganda, tell a different tale... They say the Empire discovered the hidden base some time after the war, and enslaved its remaining staff of Geonosians to work the mines in the region for some secret project the site came to house. According to those rumours, the base was destroyed in a rebel raid to put an end to the atrocities.
Whatever was out there it was a ruin till Remahr Company secured land and salvage rights to the location and relocated there.

Black Sands would have little to offer anyone had it not been for the conflict between Remahr Company and Jabba the Hutt. As such it's become a refuge for people at odds with the Hutt and a good place to turn a profit without the Hutt taking his claim. The Company will usually pay good credits for anyone willing to supply town or otherwise aide their cause.

Defying Jabba doesn't come without its consequences however. Remahr Company itself is a shadow of its former self, and town a hard place to live.

Roleplay in Black Sands:
Given the remote nature of Black Sands, people rarely come out there without a reason. It's adviced you find some plausible excuse for visiting. While it is in game terms impossible to have any place to be truly remote, thats how we RP town. Please keep this in mind.

Also, Black Sands is Remahr Company's (RCom) stronghold. Paramilitary mercenaries that defy even Jabba the Hutt when it comes to who controls town. Picking a fight with us here of all places is NOT adviseable. See seperate guild thread for info on Remahr Company.

Like most cities, we have rules. Playing by them is a requirement for roleplay in Black Sands, so make sure you read them.

Rules:

All rules here are written in the short and ugly version. For more details on them and the reasoning behind them please visit our website at www.blacksand.dk.
Our  rules are not debatable IG when decisions are made. If you want to complain you can do so in IG mail form to Remahr or post on our forums. There and ONLY there are they up for debate.

NOT ALLOWED:
-Jedi & The Force
No Force/Jedi RP in Public. No Sabers, No Force Lighting, no nothing to indicate any kind of Force affinity. If your character IS a Force user then you will have to hide it while in town or participating in our plots.

-Monsterous Creatures
Creatures of a monsterous nature, weather mere mounts or actual pets are not allowed.

-Stealth
We do not support the idea of man portable cloaking devices and as such stealth is only to be used when it is reasonable for your character to hide from view.

REQUIRES APPROVAL:
-Enemy Activity
Any attacks upon town or the garrison. Any kidnapping attempts of RCom or garrison personel. Any acts of sabotage or theft of property and data. Any prison breaks. All requires OOC approval by city officials or the relevant liason.

-Factional Activity
Any factional plot, event, affiliation or use of local factional facilities require the permission of the related liason or city officials.

-Storyteller & Housing
Do not place storyteller objects or houses near town without approval.

-Events and story plots
Any events that take place in town or plots that influence it requires approval.

EMPIRE:
Imperial Liason: Lanko
Black Sands is reconized by the Empire as legitimately owned and run by Remahr Company. ALL Imperial personnel in town are under the command of the local garrison commander and to operate as such, his or her's permission is required. We do not reconize your imperial rank and will ask you not to present yourself as such without approval. Garrison troops reserve the right to clone and immidiately rejoin any on going fight as IC reinforcements.

REBELS:
Alliance Liason: Crespen
The Rebel presence in Black Sands is a hidden one. Do not display Rebel insignia.
If you wish to make use of the hidden rebel base near town, gain Crespen's permission for such. All rebel activity requires approval.

MILITIA:
RCom Officers: Remahr, Diabound & Zadane.
RCom functions as the local militia of Black Sands both IC and OOC. There isn't a whole lot of bureaucracy or red tape, just us and our word is law. RCom members reserve the right to clone and immidiately rejoin any on going fight as IC reinforcements.

NPC GUARDS & RESTRICTED AREAS:
Throughout town there are NPC guards placed. These are not idle pieces of decor in terms of RP, but actual guards that prevent unwanted activity. Guard dogs are not loving pets and likewise also prevent unwanted entry. Additionally some areas may require special keycard items or access levels to enter.
Lastly, storyteller mobs may be spawned to aide the garrison or militia forces.

CONSEQUENCES FOR YOUR ACTIONS:
Expect actions taken in town to have serious consequences for your character. While we will work with OOC you to figure out what is best for all involved, do not expect to get away clean with everything. If you get locked up, expect to spend some time there. If you attack Imperial personnel, expect to find yourself a wanted outlaw even if you do come out on top. If you make an enemy out of the militia you will no longer be able to enter town without some kind of disguise.
Failure to work with us in figuring out consequences for your actions will result in either a ban, ignore or your char being killed of as an NPC for the purpose off that scene.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 10:30:32 AM by Remahr »
Remahr, Idith, Amros, Amross, 'Boon', Perton, Enoos

Offline Juroden

• Prolific Poster
    • Helmet Holos
Re: Black Sands, Tatooine
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 04:25:53 PM »
At odds with the hutt you say. Ill be right down.
So say we all

The road ahead is frot with peril

Offline Forks

• Forum Assassin
  • op uɐɔ ı ʇɐɥʍ ʞooן 'ʎǝɥ
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 05:00:59 PM »
((Was a great place on Eclipse, and looks even better on Starsider.
I can't wait to lurk around town as Phocks. :D))

Beedareebil | Phocks Nefarius | Cibil a'Quras | Bulq-ur | 'Krayt' Drokata | Eht-ert

Offline Takushi

• Dark Lord of the Forums
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 06:22:09 PM »
((bah yet another criminal scum city... Expect a visit from Oelos :P or my MEPD toons :P.. muahahaha)
Oelos Darkshadow or Oelos Takushi

They say you shouldn't toot your own horn? Well why the hell not?! Who better knows the tune

Oelos Takushi: Nabooian and proud

Offline Kelas Synast/Misha' "The Bear" Alemana

• Forum Wampa
  • Mercenary
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 06:12:51 AM »
[Well someone gave me a tour of the town, and i can sum the city up in one word. Amazing. The buildings were beautiful, the amount of detail was insane. This will definently be my rp city once it's up and running. Great job everyone!]

Offline Juroden

• Prolific Poster
    • Helmet Holos
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 06:17:00 AM »
[Well someone gave me a tour of the town, and i can sum the city up in one word. Amazing. The buildings were beautiful, the amount of detail was insane. This will definently be my rp city once it's up and running. Great job everyone!]

/agree/agree/agree/agree/agree/agree/agree/agree/agree/agree/agree/agree

These people are bloody brillant when it comes to decorating.))
So say we all

The road ahead is frot with peril

Offline Perturabo / Millardo

• Forum Graul
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 12:32:49 PM »
ok ill swing by this as peaked my interest.... hm... *makes note, hops on speeder* stick finger in mouth and holds it up..... it must be thata way ((heads the wrong way))
MSC For LIFE
In Memory of Elijas Metatron, The Greatest Pirate this side of the Mid-Rim
______
/l,[____],
l---L -[]lllllll[]
()_) ()_)---)_)

Perturabo: Smuggler
Millardo: Rebel Pilot.

Offline Lord Vynar

• Forum Pinkuisitor
  • GCW Coordinator
  • Prolific Poster
    • Vynar @ Star Wars: The Old Republic
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 01:30:23 PM »
[OOC:]

Looks interesting. Good luck with this. ;)

Offline Masquerade

• Forum Assassin
  • "Did you bring the propellers?"
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 04:01:36 AM »
 Black Sands has to be one of the most amazing cities, I've ever seen.

Erik's Mood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRwkvuKfDF4 - Amazing Grace
<br>
Jeth's Mood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlUwEip-iS0 - Drop the World

Offline Remahr

• Forum Gorax
    • Black Sands
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 02:26:40 PM »
Wanted to say thanks for all the praise we're getting. Appriciate it :)

We are getting a decent amount of interest in this project and it's all very flattering. While I would love to be able to involve everyone at once, it'll be murder on the city concept and our story. It'll take time to get everyone involved story wise, but a good place to start would be the "Freighters, Smugglers, Suppliers and Bunnies Wanted!" thread found in the "Putting it all together" section of these forums.

On another note I don't suppose anyone here know a "Robim Rogan"? He's got a condemed house in town that's blocking 3 other houses and a small garden :-\ Anyone have any information about this character I'd greatly appriciate it.
Other building is the Ancient Sanctuary PA hall outside of town which was placed there after we got started. Anyone have an idea who might own this?

I realize its a long shot but... thought I'd try.
Remahr, Idith, Amros, Amross, 'Boon', Perton, Enoos

Offline Selenite

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 05:30:04 PM »
I couldn't imagine what all the fuss was about...but I went out and looked and it is...very amazing.  A very imaginative and detailed use of the new rotate commands.  The security building was definately my favorite, followed by the Cantina.  I look forward to this place opening up.

Offline Rhen' / Anyg

• Forum Minion
  • Meh
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 05:49:38 PM »
I decided to head out there today.

I looked around most of the buildings. They are very well done. Hehe I liked the body in the morgue. I hope to rp out there sometime!

Offline Rapture

• The Muse
  • Osculare pultem meam!
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 06:43:10 PM »
Site and the city look nice.  Well done.

"Insert pithy saying to make myself awesome here."

Offline Jeevik

• Navy
  • Forum Graul
  • "A blaster is only as evil as your motives."
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 01:20:05 AM »
Jabba-haters, eh? Bring it!  :P

Offline Riccto

• Forum Graul
  • Heh..Funny
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 09:04:26 AM »
Jabba-haters, eh? Bring it!  :P
./Putsupfists
I Challange you to Fistcuffs,Black Sands!
"Dats da way da World Works But tell me..Are ya Reada ta Work da World?"