Please, turn off any ad blocker for this site. We have attempted to keep ads as unobtrusive as possible, so, please, do your part to support us. Information about the ads can be found here.
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on LiveShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on YahooShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: == Fiarr'Melan: Vacation and Family Living==  (Read 3743 times)

Offline Caer

• Prolific Poster
  • It's Okay to be Takei!!!
    • Kai'rii the journal of a Mandalorian
== Fiarr'Melan: Vacation and Family Living==
« on: April 07, 2008, 09:42:35 AM »

Greetings and Salutations. This ad has been presented to you as you are cordially invited to visit the Bothan city of Fiarr'Melan on the beautifully and lush planet of Rori.

Welcome to Fiarr'Melan, the premier resort and hide away on beautiful Rori. Here you can be treated to a myriad of activities
such as, fishing, swimming, exercise as well as more relaxing features as dining, entertainment in the local pub or even just enjoying
the relaxing atmosphere of your private vacation home or your own guest villa.

Some of the things we offer:
Cafè' that offers a host of dishes.
Vendors for all your personal needs.
Gardens for relaxing and playing.
Bar and Grill that offers drinks and foods from all over.
Beautiful views of lakes and hills.
Friendly staff and colorful wildlife.
Close to Narmle Starport for easy access, though we do host our own shuttle service.
Staff on hand Sunday and Wednesdays from 4pm pst to 10pm pst to help answer questions.

If you're looking for a simple place to vacation and get away from the hustle and bustle of your daily life or if you're seeking respite
and solitude, Fiarr'Melan is the place for you. Choose to purchase a home or simply rent for a reasonable fee, you can live, work, play
or even retire here, the choice is always up to you.

Fiarr'Melan was founded by Mozenrath Darkmoor and Caer Sei'Allon, a father and daughter team who have strong beliefs in family
ties as well as adhering to their strict beliefs in having a sense of community and clanship. Both hail from Bothawui, and while they may
believe in some of the Bothan Ways, they have brought new meaning to Clan and family. Through this they have built Fiarr'Melans
foundations with these following beliefs.

Every man, woman and child, should always have a safe home to go to.
Every sentient should always feel welcome and a sense of belonging in their community.
Every city should adhere to the sense of family, faith and safety.
Cities should protect its borders and those within it in mind.
Every man, woman and child has a right to defend their home.
All sentients deserve to be treated equally, no matter their financial or social standing within society.
Family first, the city is founded by family and supports all families who wish to have a peaceful location to raise their young.

Fiarr'Melan has a few basic rules.

-All citizens must register with the city. This is for citizens saftey as well as the cities.
-Weapons must be checked at the door of every civic building. Again this is for the safety of the citizens and patrons.
-Any business dealings are to be kept in strict confidentiality. Guest houses and locations are set up for such meetings.
-Any personal physical altercations with other citizens/patrons are to be taken outside civic buildings and preferably taken to the borders of the city.
-If any personal altercations that result in physical damage to persons and or properties are not handled, local militia will instate a temporary city ban. This will be determined by the severity of the altercation and how much damage has taken place.
-Conversations are up to patrons/citizens discretions. The city is not held liable for any arrests made by any Law Enforcement agencies. 
-City is not responsble for personal damage, arrests or invasions of private homes by any law enforcement agencies should a raid take place upon personal property due to lack  of discretion.
-Guests are to treat everyone with respect as it is expected citizens to treat guests with respect. Mutual respect will ensure a smoother and more enjoyable visit.
-"Dead Zone" locations are set up throughout the city, these locations are where patrons/citizens can go without fear of audio/visual/other recording devices. Please look for the plaques that would indicate a "Dead Zone."

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in Fiarr'Melan.

Any questions can be holomailed to:
Mozenrath
Or
'Caer (Caer')

Sincerely,
Mozenrath Darkmoor
Mayor of Fiarr'Melan, Rori

and

Caer Sei'Allon
Public Relations.

Caer's Journal

Quote from: Halden
What if it's a female predator and she's going all chitter chitter skreeeee in your face?

Offline Caer

• Prolific Poster
Re: == Fiarr'Melan: Vacation and Family Living==
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 09:45:53 AM »
OOC Note:

The rules are simple. Fiarr is a -family- oriented city. While it does have it's outlaws and people in hiding, Fiarr is first and foremost a city where
people can come and relax and enjoy themselves. This is also a Bothan city, so of course the theme very heavily rests on that.  So expect to have a
sense of where families would come come raise their kids.

- No weaponry in the civic buildings. All weapons are to be holstered or checked in at the shuttle port.

- There is absolutely no explosives allowed. Period. If anyone throws out a detonator or emotes as such will be spoken with. If it continues,
   it will lead to a building and/or city ban for a period of time. Heavy weaponry (lava, lightning cannons etc will be treated the same)

- Armor is allowed in all buildings, but keep in mind an armored being is cause for supsicion and might be subject to search by local militia.

- The city is a neutral city. It holds to no factions and if anything it's loyalties do belong somewhat to Bothawui more than to the Empire or the Rebellion.
   No factional ties to the city, however that does not mean those who come within or live in the city need to hide their faction. However, if you are a Rebel and
   get caught by the Empire for openly stating you are a rebel, the city will not protect you. Same goes for Imperials.

- Any plots involving the city such as Imperial invasion, Rebellion stronghold invasion or smuggler/spy/etc who wish to run a plot through FM must contact either
Cyiara or Mozenrath to set things up. This is so that no miscommunication happens and that things can go as smoothly as possible.

- Plots of course are encouraged, however we do request you keep building damage to a minimal.

- Recording devices are -all- over the city, save for the "Dead Zones". This is after all a Bothan City and of course they will obviously have that sort of items around.
  This means that conversations within a certain area can be recorded both audially or visually and either sold or bartered.

- Anyone who wishes to obtain information through this fashion needs to okay it with the individuals invovled first.

Basically it's common sense, please keep in mind that actions will have consequences.

Mozenrath and Cyiara have opted to open up the city on certain days. This of course will be when we are present and on hand to help with move-ins or assist in the civic buildings. We have chosen Sundays and Wednesdays from 4pm to 10pm Pacific Time. That doesn't mean the city closes down the rest of the week, those are just the days we'll be available and the community will -know- that Rp is happening at those times in that location. Events can of course be scheduled any time during the week and will be posted on the boards as they come up.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to send a PM to either Mozenrath or 'Caer.

Thank you and we both look forward to seeing you all in Fiarr'Melan.
Caer's Journal

What if it's a female predator and she's going all chitter chitter skreeeee in your face?

Offline Remahr

• Forum Gorax
    • Black Sands
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 10:43:18 AM »
Looks good, will definately have to stop by sometime.
Remahr, Idith, Amros, Amross, 'Boon', Perton, Enoos

Offline Rapture

• The Muse
  • Dark Lord of the Forums
  • Osculare pultem meam!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 07:08:11 PM »
Great city to stop by, and lovely atmosphere. ;)

"Insert pithy saying to make myself awesome here."

Offline Trixie

• Roleplayer Senator
  • Prolific Poster
  • Cookiees need to have another E in them
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 07:28:00 PM »
*starts the counter until the first inevitable bothan joke is heard*

But seriously, as a resident (Ejess) the place is great, I have a pond just off my front step, I can go fishing there! Swimming in it, gardens, really great cantina. I actually see people as I come and go on the shuttle. It's only about 2500 meters from (?)Narmle(?) spaceport, so if you want to take an extra three minutes and save yourself some credits, just use a  speeder. Bah, I know I have that spaceport name wrong.

Come and visit, lots of guest houses, try it out and see if you like it!

Offline Forks

• Forum Assassin
  • op uɐɔ ı ʇɐɥʍ ʞooן 'ʎǝɥ
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 08:10:12 PM »
I just realized Phocks' hideaway house is only a few hundred meters from Fiarr... Looks like I'll be wandering over more often then. :D
From what I've seen, it's gorgeous, and I don't doubt it follows that description throughout the city.

/thumbsup

Beedareebil | Phocks Nefarius | Cibil a'Quras | Bulq-ur | 'Krayt' Drokata | Eht-ert

Offline Motoko

• Prolific Poster
  • I R DUDE
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 05:55:55 AM »
((My only problem is whenever I go there I get fur in all my clothes.))

Offline Caer

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 09:18:58 AM »
(Just to let everyone know, Caer is the mayor on an OOC level, Mozenrath is still very much the IC mayor. I took over so I could facilitate things on an OOC level when Moze can't be around to do stuff. For all IC things please feel free to mail/contact Mozenrath.)
Caer's Journal

Offline Alado Oego

• Forum Gorax
  • Heigan Dancing.
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 07:41:06 PM »
(Maybe I should stop by with my Boffin puppeh alt, Kolas. She's like 5 and her big brother is Elomak (main Kel'rin) who is 14. And she needs him to carry her around in a backpack because her legs were injured in an escape pod accident. And I am thankful this city is on Rori on Tatooine because Kolas is like weak to the sun because of her dark-colored fur.  ;D So..Yeah I may stop by sometime.)

Offline Caer

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 02:59:30 AM »
(Awww! You're more than welcome to bring them by!)
Caer's Journal

Offline Moorlu

• Forum Minion
  • tastes like spleen. and knowledge.
Re: fiarr'melan
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 02:00:25 PM »
((ooh, when i start rping my bothan he might need a place to call home if you have tracts o' land available))

Moor'lu: Big brother, flirt, empty shell

Offline Snee

• Got his fishcake and ate it too
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 05:19:43 AM »
(Boffan city :D)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 06:47:19 AM by Snee »

@Tukian

Offline Irys

• Life won't play along and right keeps going wrong
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 01:14:17 PM »
("Vacation and Family Living!! Unless you are a jedi then a periodic imperial pwning may be in order. Of course, we do have a sign saying that..."

;D Sorry Cee.  )

Offline Lord Vynar

• Forum Pinkuisitor
  • GCW Coordinator
  • Prolific Poster
    • Vynar @ Star Wars: The Old Republic
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 01:18:57 PM »
[OOC]

Must... resist... urge... to visit.

("Vacation and Family Living!! Unless you are a jedi then a periodic imperial pwning may be in order. Of course, we do have a sign saying that..."

;D Sorry Cee.  )

Wait, there's a sign?

Offline Irys

• Life won't play along and right keeps going wrong
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 01:33:46 PM »
Yeah it says something to the effect of "Gifted Welcome, but if you get caught it's your problem."  It's a lamp post. Next to the one that says "Watch your head, this is a bothan city."  ...I think the second one should have said "Watch your kidneys"